11.05.2010

Sketch Dump

Over on deviantArt, a lot of artists composite their better sketches into a single page to display. I always loved sketches and rough work because it's most reflective of the creative process, but also, there seems to be so much more energy in sketches than in fully realized images sometimes. I find the whole thing very inspirational. So here's my attempt at one of these sketch dumps.

One thing I did realize in this sketch dump is that a reduction in the size of the art from the original is really a good thing. In this digital age, where so many people are creating art from scratch on their computers, a lot of times the final art isn't reduced in size. The images in the sketch dump look so tight and so much better than the originals, I think I need to keep that in mind in all of my work. Work big, display reduced.

No comments: